Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wee Alien - Part 14: Ygg Tests the Beamer

©Karen A J Rinehart

Ygg sits and looks at the pretty bright green light that is hovering near where Eyak was sitting when the shutter bursts open and in walks Eyak carrying a plate of food. "What is your problem," questions Eyak.

"I was hungry and I just thought of food and pressed the button," replies Ygg.

"If you were thinking of food, why did I find myself in the galley?"

"Well, I was thinking it would be nice if you would get me something to eat," responded Ygg.

"You what?" asked Eyak. Ygg decided that it would be better to show Eyak than to try to explain it to him any longer. Putting his hand in his pocket, Ygg pushed the button while thinking of Eyak getting him something to eat. The bright green light appeared and poof, Eyak was gone again.

Entering with another round of food, Eyak walked over to Ygg and said, "So, you are hungry, you poor starving little wee. Here, have something to eat." Eyak poured the food all over Ygg and told him to stop playing with the device. Ygg sat there pouting.

Looking out the viewer, Eyak realizes they are passing over planet Ostun. Turning towards Ygg, he says, "I really think we should have started with Ostun first. It is closer to Lala Land and it's the obvious place they would be."

"You always want to be right," whines Ygg. "I never get to be right."

"You are wrong most of the time, Ygg," says Eyak.

"That is only because you think I'm always wrong," says Ygg.

"Are you going to whine our entire pirt?" questions Eyak.

"No. At this point in time, I'm going to pout and have something to eat. Want some?" Eyak ignores Ygg and takes one last look at planet Ostun and shakes his head in disbelief.

Queen Terrensya senses that something isn't right. She places Taranis, her oosh, on the naved and leaves for her secret room. Arriving there she inserts her gold ring and the door opens slowly. Entering she notices that the emerald is flashing in the crown and walks over to take a closer look. "Ygg," she says. "Whatever am I going to do with you?" Pressing the pearl below the emerald she says, "You must not use the device for personal gain." The green gem stops flashing and the queen exits the room and returns to Taranis. "Come, Taranis. You must be famished."

3 comments:

  1. Now, I understand Ygg isn't supposed to use the gadget for personal gain, but even the Queen must know if Ygg and Eyak starve to death they're of no value to her. And then, she worries about her oosh being hungry... no fair!

    I enJOYed the conversation between Ygg and Eyak and thoroughly understand and sympathize with Ygg over Eyak's belittling treatment of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A message for Eedyar: Please tell Nerak time is past due for the next part in this Wee series!
    :-)
    Oh, and tell Nerak also: I'm still lookin' for that rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Ygg. So misunderstood. lol

    I am glad that you enjoyed the conversation. I know you will stay tuned for the next episode.

    Thank you for you comments.

    And...you got your rainbow story. Happy now? (probably until the next challenge or prompt. That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut.) haha

    ReplyDelete